Tuesday, May 1, 2012

There's nothing like a good rain...

Until yesterday, the plant growth in our garden seemed very slow.  We had been trying to keep the tomatoes watered with the soaker hose, but everything else seemed to be at a stand still.  Then came the .9" of rain we received yesterday and by this evening, things almost seemed like they were in fast forward.  Here is the 1st corn sprout I could see as of this morning...
By the early evening, I could see at least 20 of these little sprouts. 

The rain and sunshine have been really good for our strawberries, as well.  Each day there are a few more ripe strawberries to pick.  The berries aren't really big this year, but they are SO tasty!  I had forgotten how sweet they are right from the vine.  Brett and Kately could have eaten a bushel of them!  Eating the berries directly from the vine tonight really brought back memories.  I remember being barefoot in the yard and running over to our little strawberry patch to see if there was a tasty treat waiting for me.  I feel so blessed to be able to share this garden experience with my children...AND...I am so happy they get to see & taste for themselves the difference between home grown vs. store bought produce.  There really is a HUGE difference in taste in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment