Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Will we ever get to the fun part?

Our ground was looking great after we finished our previous round of rock picking...but dad thought our soil still needed to be atleast another 2 inches deeper, so he lowered the tiller and did just that...Guess what????? Yep...we have another rock garden...it really doesn't look like we've picked any rocks up at this point...It has started to feel a bit discouraging, but I am SO glad I have a few others who have a common interest in this garden...it really helps to keep me motivated and some-what optimistic.

Kately (my 6 year old) asked me the other day when we would finally be able to plant things in the garden...I told her it would be soon and it would get here quicker if she'd like to come out and help pick up rocks!  Then later, when we were at Grandma & Grandpa George's house, she told me she didn't want to pick up rocks but when it was time to plant and pick, she would do it all...She then said, "You can just stay in the house, sit on the couch, watch Brett and take a nap!" LOL...She is such a sweetie and really has no idea all the work that goes into a garden...I am SO glad she is getting to experience all of this first-hand.  Although I know our ancestors didn't have most of the luxuries I have, such as a nice sturdy tiller pulled by a John Deere tractor, I hope it will give her a better appreciation of the hard work that goes into something that's worth doing.

Here's dad and I after we finished our 7th tractor bucket of rocks yesterday...Yes...We are tired of picking up rocks but we have each other to lean on and keep us moving towards our goal!

 My kids and the 2 neighbor kids really got into seeing dad dump the bucket of rocks yesterday...I took a video to show them "cheering him on" as he dumped the rocks.  It was too cute, so I HAD to document it...But, I couldn't get the video to upload during this post.  However, after he dumped the rocks, the kids and I ran down to the tractor and dad gave us all a ride in the front loader bucket back up to the garden.  You'd of thought the kids were at a carnival...They were hootin' and hollerin'...I must say it was pretty fun seeing how excited they were!  Hey, it can't be all work and no play!

No comments:

Post a Comment