Tuesday, February 28, 2012

1st visiting helper and 1st inspiration...

We had our first visitor come out and help for a bit last Thursday.  It was, of course, MY ONE AND ONLY...Aunt Elaine! 

Which brings me to my next topic...Jessie Fay Hilton...My dad and Aunt Elaine's momma...To her grandkids, she was Mimi.  Mimi is the first person I remember to have a passion for gardening.  She was always growing something and her yard was filled with all different types of flowers, each having their own story behind how they got placed in her flower garden.  Of course, my favorite item Mimi grew was CHERRY TOMATOES.  She would let us pick and eat them straight from the vine.  Nothing tasted better...My aunt Elaine reminds me so much of Mimi.   She also has a passion for gardening and can always share an old story. Thanks, Elaine...

Mimi is also the only person I knew that would find a rock somewhere and see something special in it.  She would date it and save it.  She knew how to slow down and see the "interesting" in something most people would consider just a plain old rock.  In many cases, my dad also reminds me so much of Mimi.  When we were out in the garden the other day, dad showed me a rock I might want to put on this blog as more proof the Earth used to be covered with water, including where my garden sits.  The rock below has an entire shell imprint...
We didn't write a date on it :) but I thought I'd share since dad pointed it out and saw the "interesting" in this rock.  Thanks, Dad...

I miss Mimi so much but she impacted my life (and so many others) in such a big way and I have so many great memories of her.  It is comforting to have my dad and Aunt Elaine to carry on her legacy and keep her spirit alive in me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment