Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Our first rain...

Monday, March 19, 2012...
We knew rain was in the forecast...But, after we finished our last bit of MAJOR rock picking and the completion of our 2nd row of vegetables, dad, Brett and I joined hands at the corner of the garden and said a quick prayer asking God to bless our labor and give us plenty of rain and sunshine in the coming months.

About 30 minutes after that request, the rain began...Brett looked out the window and said, "Mommy! Look at God's rain!"
I said, "I know...Isn't it wonderful?"
He said, "Yes...He's going to grow me some strawberries!"

The faith of a small child is so precious...Hoping he would not be too disappointed when there weren't any berries as soon as the rain stopped, I agreed, "Yes, God will grow you some strawberries!"

On a side note...I went to Wal-Mart last night and put some strawberries in our refrigerator so he can have some this afternoon. :-)

I went out to the garden this morning and I think the broccoli and cabbage plants (the only ones you can see above the dirt right now) have grown an inch!  They are definitely stretching up towards the sunshine today! Doesn't that dirt look BEAUTIFUL?!?


Also something else I've started to do is a rain fall chart...Yes, I am sounding more and more like a farmer...but, hey...I need to make sure my other little "children" are getting enough to drink! LOL...
We received about 3/10 of an inch of rain on Monday, March 19, 2012.
So far on Tuesday, March 20 we have received 8/10 of an inch...More rain is in the forecast, though!

4 comments:

  1. yay! it looks good...excited for you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christie...Wish you were closer and we could do this together! Love you guys!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey Hollye! It has been a lot of hardwork leading up to this, but I have really enjoyed it...How are you these days?

      Delete