Monday, June 25, 2012

Largest Harvest to Date...

It has been so HOT the past week or so, I've only been able to get out in the garden in the evenings right before dark.  Yes, I could get up at the crack of dawn and work in the morning, but with still having 2 young kids, I try to "sleep in" as long as they will!  I don't think I will ever be a morning person :)

Even with the lack of rain, our garden is still producing quite a bit.  It is a daily process to go out and pick everything that has ripened since the day before, to make sure there are no new "pests" eating on plants and to make sure everything is getting atleast a little water.  This evening, I picked our largest daily harvest to date and even got to add cherry tomatoes, okra and green peppers to the mix!
Final Thoughts For Today:
I have tried many zucchini/squash recipes in the past 2 weeks.  I have learned my husband and kids (Brett is still not too sure) have actually learned to like a new vegetable, but my family (including myself) is about sick of zucchini/squash for dinner!  I really need to learn how to make pickles because I am about to be buried in bush cucumbers.  I am so happy my kids have also been able to experience how good it feels to give our produce away.  They are always so excited to carry in a basket of goodies to give to people!  I treasure the days when my vision is so clear to the multitudes of God's blessings for me and my family.  It is such a humbling feeling because I fail him everyday even though I try my hardest not to.  Thank you God for your love and mercy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment