Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rocks...Part 2!

We received rain since my last post, so our rock picking was delayed.  This worked out good for me as my body was SO sore after the 1st day that I wanted a few days to recoup!  It gave me insight and appreciation as to what people who have hard labor jobs probably feel like everyday...Oh and by the way...my 62 year old father was hardly sore at all. (Who knew he was in that great of shape? LOL)  Anyway, Brett (my 2 year old son) and I tried to get out in the garden over the weekend to pick more rocks and we were in mud 1/2 way up our shoes so I decided we would need to wait a little longer.  Yesterday's wonderful 60 degree weather finally allowed us to get back out there and work some more.  Dad worked about 2 1/2 hours and I worked about 1 1/2 hours yesterday. Brett is showing you our 2nd load of rocks below...He is so proud!
So... dad got out and used the rotary tiller again today...guess what??? WE HAVE MORE ROCKS! Digging a little deeper in the soil revealed some even bigger ones...He estimates we will probably have to pick up those rocks and probably till 1-2 more times...Dad picked up rocks to fill the above bucket to the max (see below)...Afterall, we can't have a partially filled bucket, right? Not with all the rocks we have to pick up! :-)
But...you probably know what I'm going to say...Someday it will be BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment