Monday, July 9, 2012

Sweet Corn has arrived!

The past few little rains we received have helped give our corn that last little boost it needed to finally give use some mature ears.  This morning, dad picked a little over 3 dozen ears of the Honey Select sweet corn we planted close to 75 days ago. 

As a child, I remember my dad eating the corn raw as soon as he picked an ear, which I thought seemed a bit strange.  But, this morning, when he pulled the husks back on one and tried it, I took a bite, as well...It was delicious!  It was so sweet and crunchy...The kernels were just bursting with flavor!  The corn had some worms at the ends of the ears, but nothing that couldn't be cut off.  Dad said he has seen A LOT worse, which made me happy ours was only a minor nuisance.  In the coming days, we will have a lot of corn picking to do...I am so excited everything has been producing as we had hoped!  A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR ULTIMATE PROVIDER!

No comments:

Post a Comment